Reduction of A2B dial-a-bus services
From Monday the 25th of January most of the A2B dial-a-bus services operated by the Council will be reduced to reflect the lower numbers of passengers.
Changes are as follows:
- Alford – Lumsden – Rhynie – Gartly – Huntly: continue as Mon-Fri
- Banchory: Wed and Fri (currently Mon-Fri)
- Huntly: to be suspended but Gartly residents covered by Alford-Huntly bus and any other requests can be signposted to Huntly Community minibus
- Inverurie Rural: Wed only (currently Mon-Fri)
- Inverurie Town: Fri only (currently Mon-Fri)
They will try to accommodate any emergency requests from A2B passengers. By reducing the number of advertised A2B dial-a-bus days they hope to be able to redeploy vehicles to assist with transport to health-related appointments including vaccinations.
Who qualifies to use A2B services?
If there is no other suitable bus service in the area anyone can use A2B dial-a-bus whatever their age or ability. If there is alternative public transport, A2B dial-a-bus is provided for older and disabled residents. To find out if you qualify to become a member of your local A2B service contact A2B at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01467 535 333.