Consultation on Scheme for The Establishment of Community Councils
The next phase (phase 2) of Aberdeenshire Council’s Review of the Aberdeenshire Council Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils commenced on 17th February and will close on 14th April.
This phase will consider issues with the current Scheme and suggest proposed changes. We would like to highlight the following issues and proposed amendments
- Redesignation of several Schedules as Guidance Documents, as this makes keeping them up to date easier.-
- Addition of discretionary eligibility criteria to let second home owners be Community Councillors.
- Addition of an explanation about Community Council’s making a planning application
- Rewritten section to accommodate the proposed move towards a single election date.
- Additional section to give Community Councils the powers to deal with ethical standards and disciplinary matters which is supported by revised guidance on disciplinary procedures (previously Schedule 7)
- Added guidance to assist Community Councils with dealing with unacceptable behaviour.
Aberdeenshire Council is planning to consider the final proposals on 29th April but this date is subject to change. We would encourage all members of the community to participate in the consultation which can be found via the following link: