WOOD RECYCLABILITY – IMPORTANT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE ROLE NEEDS FILLED
Wood Recyclability is a local social enterprise based at Pitmedden, which offers adults with disabilities the chance to experience a real workplace setting creating and selling a wide range of products made from recycled wood. Wood Recyclability is led by an experienced Board with overall responsibility for strategic direction.
We are currently recruiting new board members with ambition and an interest in helping our social enterprise to achieve its aim and objectives.
We are especially keen to hear from people who have had experience in the following areas:-
- working in social work or
- working with people with learning disabilities
- business management
Even if you do not have any of these expertise we are keen to hear from anyone who would be keen to join our board of directors.
This is a voluntary unpaid position. Our board meetings are held generally once a month at our office at Cloisterseat Croft just outside Pitmedden.
Essential requirements for board members:-
- Ability to work well within a team setting
- Ability to communicate well with other board members, staff and trainees at Wood Recyclability
- Knowledge of and skills in social enterprise and/or business growth
- Ability to represent and promote Wood Recyclability with other organisations and agencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on matters considered by the Board
- Ability to analyse and make decisions on formal matters presented to the board such as policies, performance information and budget reports.
- Ability to negotiate with others to arrive at an agreed way forward.
If you wish to discuss this matter informally with our Chairman Duncan Rennie please call 07900 988145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org